What does this policy cover?
What personal information do we process?
When you register on our Website to receive information regarding specific events, we ask you to provide your mobile number and/or email address.
More generally, by using our Website, we may collect personal information from you relating to your browser, device, IP address and location data.
The provision of certain personal information is mandatory for the provision of certain services: if the relevant information is not provided, then we might not be able to provide you with certain services. Otherwise, the provision of your personal information is optional. However, note that failure to provide all the requested personal information is likely to impact on the effectiveness of the Website and our ability to interact with you and provide you with useful information.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal information for the following purposes:
We use your personal information to provide the services to you, for service administration purposes, to personalize the content you see on the Website, to identify your location and to improve the services offered to you. We may use your personal information for marketing purposes, where you have asked us for such information, or where you have otherwise specifically opted-in to receive marketing information from us. We may also process your personal information in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
We will only process your personal information under one of the following legal bases:
• with your consent for the specified purposes;
• in order to fulfill a contract with you or take steps prior to entering into such contract;
• where processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations under applicable law;
• processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
• processing is otherwise necessary to pursue our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests requiring processing of your personal information include:
• to verify your identity;
• to communicate with you;
• to monitor, protect and enhance our content, services and Website;
• to monitor your use of the Website, and to tailor aspects of our Website to you;
• to investigate and resolve any complaints received from you or others about Website or services.
• to conduct market research.
Where we rely on your consent for processing your personal information:
• we may send you direct marketing in relation to our services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates, and carefully selected partners;
• we may place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with the information provided to you when those technologies are used; and
• on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use your personal information for the purposes we specify at that time.
We may also process certain special categories of personal information about you in connection with your requests via our Website. Whenever we process such information, we do so by relying on one of the following legal bases in addition to those mentioned above:
• You have given your explicit consent to the processing for the specified purposes.
• Processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of health care and of medicinal products or medical devices.
We do not process your personal information based on automated-decision making technologies including profiling.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Where we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent. This will not affect the legality of the processing which has already occurred. In certain circumstances, despite your withdrawal of consent, we may have other legal grounds to continue processing your personal information. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have the right to opt-out of direct marketing. You can do this via the email address set out above.
Who will we share this personal information with, where and when?
We will keep your personal information confidential, although we may disclose it to others in the following limited circumstances:
• We may share your personal information with third-party service providers, who will process such information on our behalf for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include (without limitation) providers of Website hosting, maintenance, call center operation and identity checking.
• We may share your personal information with third parties (including event organizers) where we obtain your consent to do so at the time you provide your contact details. We will only share the specific personal data which you authorize us to share with such third party.
• In the event that our service is privatized, sold or integrated with another business, your personal information may be disclosed to our advisers and to any new supplier of such services.
When we share such information with such third parties, we do so pursuant to an agreement with them that requires them to use such personal information only for the specific purposes for which it has been provided to them, and to ensure that such personal information is kept confidential and secure. Personal information may be shared with professional advisors, government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Our servers are hosted in Saudi Arabia. If, for any of the purposes outlined in this Policy, your personal information is processed outside Saudi Arabia, we do so in accordance with applicable law. If you require further information on this aspect, please contact us at the email address set out above. How long will you retain my information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably required for the purposes for which it was submitted. In the event that you wish to deactivate your account, a red flag appears on our database and, whilst we cannot use that personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted.
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process such information until you ask us to stop, and for a reasonable period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your information indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
What rights do I have?